Master Gardener Program
Master Gardeners Extend Gardening and Landscaping Information to the Public
Who are UCCE Master Gardeners? UCCE Master Gardeners are trained volunteers who provide unbiased information to the public. Areas of expertise include drought-resistant sustainable landscapes and food production in home, community and school gardens.Our San Bernardino County Master Gardeners reach over 30,000 residents annually. Thank you for your service and commitment to this important program that brings objective information directly to the public.
Do you have a home landscape or gardening question? Contact a MG volunteer for help at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the News
UCCE Master Gardener Program Mission Statement
Extend research based knowledge and information on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
August Gardening Tips
It’s time to:
- Fertilize indoor plants and mature fruit trees (after picking fruit) with nitrogen and water.
- Control salt build-up on indoor plants; hose off the leaves and flush the soil with ample water.
- Attach bands of corrugated cardboard around apple tree trunks to trap codling moth larvae.
- In a cool location indoors, start seeds of cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, bunching onion, and radicchio for over-wintering.
- Direct seed oriental greens, beets, carrots, lettuce, turnips, Florence fennel, mustard, radish, rutabaga, spinach, and leeks.
- Sow flower seeds of perennials in flats or pots for transplanting in October.
Speaker Request for a Master Gardener Presentation
Have you considered having a UC Cooperative Extension Master Gardener volunteer speak to your club or organization? Topics include: beautiful, drought efficient landscapes, growing food in backyard, school, and community gardens, and the interaction of horticulture, health, and happiness! Email: email@example.com at least 45 days in advance of your chosen date and include the event name, organization, time, and location. Thanks!