Master Gardener Program
Master Gardener Program Application
Here is the long awaited Master Gardener Program Application for 2017 - 2018
We are looking forward to reviewing your application!!
Since 1981, the University of California Master Gardener Program has been extending UC research based information about home horticulture and pest management to the public.
The primary focuses of the UC Master Gardener Program in San Bernardino County are:
- To encourage the public to practice sustainable landscaping (efficient irrigation, composting, etc.)
- To foster gardeners to provide fresh produce for their families with edible gardening
- To promote healthy living and healthy communities through home gardening
“To extend research based knowledge and information on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives."
- UC Master Gardener Program Mission Statement
Have a Master Gardener speak to your club or organization. Submit a request today!
Topics of Interest
In the News
UCCE Master Gardener Program Mission Statement
Extend research based knowledge and information on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
June Gardening Chores
It's time to...
- Mulch garden beds to retain moisture and encourage deep roots by deep and infrequent watering
- Check sprinklers and drip systems for needed repairs and adjustments
- Water early in the day to conserve water and minimize plant disease
- Tie up vines and stake tall growing dahlias, gladiolas, and lilies
- Dig and divide crowded bulbs if the tops have died down
- Fertilize strawberries, cane berries after harvest, and roses at bloom start
- Feed indoor plants with slow release fertilizer
- It is getting late, but…you can still plant beans, beets, corn, cucumber, melons, parsnip, peppers, pumpkins, radish, all squash, tomatoes