Master Gardener Program
Since 1981, the University of California Master Gardener Program has been extending UC research based information about home horticulture and pest management to the public.
The priorities of the UC Master Gardener Program in San Bernardino County are to help the gardening public:
- Practice sustainable landscaping (efficient irrigation, composting, etc.)
- Produce food in backyard, school, and community gardens
- Promote outdoor activities that improve physical, mental, and emotional health
“To extend research based knowledge and information on home horticulture to residents of San Bernardino County"
- UC Master Gardener Program of San Bernardino County Mission Statement
Have a Master Gardener speak to your club or organization. Submit a request today!
Topics of Interest
Top 10 Ways to Conserve Water In your Landscape Top Ten Ways to Conserve Water
Asian Citrus Psyllid: http://ucanr.edu/sites/ACP/
In the News
UCCE Master Gardener Program Mission Statement
Extend research based knowledge and information on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
October Gardening Chores
It's time to...
- Rake leaves from ditches to make way for the rain that's coming.
- Re-program drip system timers for cooler weather and rain.
- October and November are the best months to plant.
- Direct seed cornflower, nasturtium, nigella, poppy, lupine, columbine, sweet pea, garden pea, and stock.
- Plant seed for erosion control on slopes.
- Plant clover or fava beans to improve soil structure.